Tuesday 28 October 2008

I wish I could do that

Scott Wade creates amazing art out of dirty car windows! And he seems like a guy with a good sense of humour - check out his website to see more of his work, there's loads of it. A very talented man.

Text description from Scott's website.

Before:
TITLE: Poker Dogs: The Early Minutes
DESCRIPTION: This one begins a series, showing a drawing progressing from start to finish. Here's the 'raw canvas.'
PHOTO CREDITS: Scott Wade



After:
TITLE: Poker Dogs
DESCRIPTION: Here is the 'finished' piece. This is after working back into it twice. The first session took about 45 minutes, the second about 10 and the last about 5, so call it an hour in the making. See? I don't necessarily have too much time on my hands!
PHOTO CREDITS: Scott Wade
COPYRIGHT: ©2006 Scott Wade



And this one's really cool. Very pretty.

TITLE: Wildflowers
DESCRIPTION: I was asked to demonstrate Dirty Car Art at the Courtyard Gallery in Robin's hometown of Cuero, Texas. Meanwhile, a TV crew from South Korea was following me around making a short documentary. They followed me down to Cuero and we had a pretty full weekend. Cuero (and Dewitt County) is known for wildflowers, so I thought it would be great to try some in dust. Wish I had done fewer, bigger. The vehicle belongs to my mother-in-law. Guarantee that's the dirtiest It's ever been.
CREDITS: Scott Wade
COPYRIGHT: ©2007 Scott Wade



Reminds me of the Joy of Painting programme, loved that. It was never obvious what he was painting so when you could finally see it emerge it was like magic!

No comments: